Are you a fan of espresso? If yes, then you’ll love to try out a hot cup of Turkish coffee.
It is because you can enjoy the same rich, full-bodied flavour that you will get from an espresso. Most coffee lovers have a smooth transition from espresso to Turkish coffee. The best part is that you enjoy Turkish coffee for longer due to its high quantity.
Now you might be wondering how to make Turkish coffee on a stove. So to help you out, we’ll cover the easy-to-make recipe along with the ingredients and a few tips to help you make Turkish coffee.
The recipe is quite easy and will only take a few minutes of yours as long as you’re following the right steps and using the correct ingredients. So without further ado, let’s jump into the process of making Turkish coffee at your home using a stove.
How to Make Turkish Coffee on a Stove?
Making Turkish coffee requires you to have a special pot known as cezve or ibrik. Using this pot is vital in order to enjoy authentic Turkish coffee. On that note, below are some of the other ingredients and equipment that you need:
- Water – Ideally, you should use water that is at room temperature or cold as it will give you the best foams. Avoid using hot or warm water.
- Coffee – It is best to buy fine-grind Turkish coffee from a reputable brand. You shouldn’t try to use ground coffee since it wouldn’t give you an optimal taste.
- Sugar – This ingredient is an optional choice so it is completely up to you whether you want to add it.
Step By Step Process of Making Turkish Coffee Using a Stove
Now that you know the ingredients and equipment required to make Turkish coffee, you need to follow the steps below for the preparation.
Step 1 – Measure the Water
The first thing you need to do is measure the right amount of water required to make Turkish coffee. It will vary from situation to situation and depends on the number of cups you plan to make.
For a single cup of coffee, you will need around 1 cup of water, and so on. You can directly pour the water into the small pot cezve or in a separate cup.
Step 2 – Measure the Coffee
Once you figure out the amount of water, you now have to measure the precise amount of coffee that you need. The ideal ratio of water to coffee is 1:2.
It means for every single cup of water, you would need 2 tablespoons of fine-grind coffee. It is imperative to keep the above ratio in mind when preparing Turkish coffee as it will give you the best taste and flavour from your drink
Step 3 – Mix the Coffee with Water
This step entails mixing the fine-grind coffee with water into the Turkish coffee pot. Stir both of them until they’re combined properly. If you want to add any sweetener or sugar, then this is the time to do so.
Step 4 – Cook the Coffee
Once you mix the coffee with the water, place the Turkish pot on the stove. Also, ensure that you place the pot on medium heat to avoid burning your coffee. When you see the coffee starts rising, you need to remove the pot from the stove.
An important thing to note is that you need to place the coffee on low heat and let it sit on the stove for a while. Also, it is best to stir the coffee couple of times gently.
Step 5 – Pour the Coffee into the Cups
After everything is complete, you can pour Turkish coffee into the cups and enjoy it. If you’re having some guests over during the winter season, then you can easily make this amazing drink and serve it to them.
Also read on: is Turkish coffee stronger than espresso
Few Things to Keep in Mind while Making Turkish Coffee
Making Turkish coffee is a piece of cake, but there are certain things to keep in mind. It will ensure that you get the best taste from your coffee. We have covered them in detail for you below:
- Once you transfer the foam into the cups, try to pour the coffee gently, so the bubbles remain safe.
- Never put the coffee at boiling temperature. Take it off the stove as soon as it starts to boil, and make sure to divide the foam into different cups accordingly.
- Keep an eye on your coffee when you place it on the stove at low heat, and give it a stir 2 or 3 times before it starts to rise.
- For additional flavour, you can either add cinnamon or cardamom to the Turkish coffee. Add the spices or any other flavour according to your preference when mixing the coffee with water.
- Ensure that you treat your coffee in the right way when mixing it with water and sugar. Try not to mix it too quickly and stir it gently.
- Avoid making Turkish coffee using hot or warm water. Instead, the ideal thing to do is to use cold water to prepare it.
- As mentioned earlier, it is best to use fresh fine-grind coffee when making Turkish coffee. There is a good chance it won’t foam if your coffee is sitting in the pantry for some time. If you want to keep the coffee fresh after opening the package, place it in an air-tight container.
Suggested Reading: is Turkish coffee bad for you
Make a Cup of Turkish Coffee Today
We hope you now have a clear idea regarding how to make Turkish coffee on a stove. Simply follow the instructions to make and present this amazing drink to your guests or enjoy it by yourself at any time of the day.
It will save you from the hassle of going to a coffee shop and standing in line to get your favourite coffee. All you need is a special Turkish pot, and you can create the same magic at your home.
So, what are you waiting for? Try it out for yourself today!